This Product has been discontinued and is no longer available
The Kaito KA-007 can be operated from direct sunlight (solar panel), from the internal Nickel Metallic Hydride (Ni-MH) battery, from normal household current (110 VAC), or 3-AA (alkaline) batteries.
The internal Ni-MH battery can be recharged from a built-in solar panel, the windup mechanism, or from the AC charger/adapter (included). 6 hours of charging on the AC adapter provides 72 hours of play time. One hour charge from the solar panel provides 8 hours of continuous play. 1 minute of hand winding charges the NI-MH batteries for 10 minutes of play time. 3 (optional) AA batteries for 72 hours playtime.
Includes an earplug, AC adapter, and soft (wire clip-on) antenna for pulling in distant or weak transmissions
Optional short wave antenna
It’s antenna wire may be extended to a full 23 feet (7 meters) and when not in use it may be easily rewound into its case to fit neatly in your shirt pocket.
The antenna is terminated with a 1/8″(3.5mm) mini-plug suitable for plugging directly into the radio or any other short wave radio with a 1.8″ (3.5mm) external antenna jack.
Features & Specs
- Sony Integrated Circuits
- Built-In Solar Panel
- Hand-Crank Dynamo
- AC/DC Adapter
- Earphones for private listening
- Signal Strength & Battery level Indicators!
Multiple Frequency Reception
- FM : 88-108 MHz
- AM : 530-1710 MHz
- TV1 : 2-6 ch
- TV2 : 7-13 ch
- VHF : 145-175 MHz (Taxi, Police, Business Radio)
- Weather : 162.55-164.4 MHz (National Weather Service) (NOAA)
- SW1 : 4-9 MHz
- SW2 : 9-14 MHz
- SW2 : 14-19 MHz
- SW2 : 19-26 MHz
Multiple Power Sources
- Built in solar panel
- Windup power handle
- Battery power ( 3AA cells)
- 110-Volt AC household power with adapter
- Internal Ni-MH (no memory) cells (which can be recharged by the solar panel, the windup handle and the AC adapter)
- Size – 6.5″ x 5.5″ x 2.25″ (D).
- Weight – 18oz – 477g
AC Adapter (included)
Soft antenna wire with clip (included)
Roll up Short Wave Antenna