The Freeplay Sherpa self-sufficient Flashlight is the only flashlight you will ever need.
Incorporating failsafe Freeplay wind-up technology (similar to one used in wind up portable radio), together with ultra-bright recharge capability, the Sherpa combines two flashlights in one – the best and the brightest in one compact, rugged unit for both every day and emergency use.
Designed to be a serious tool, the wind-up system offers maximum dependability for those times when you can’t afford to be left in the dark by dead batteries.
A quick wind (about 30 seconds) gives approximately 8 minutes of light on normal beam and you can rewind at any time for as much shine-time as you want.
An LED charge level indicator tells you the optimal winding speed.
The recharge system gives 30 minutes of ultra bright light, and 5 hours of regular light, using a high-efficiency, xenon-filled, dual-filament bulb.
Internal mechanical components are specified to industrial standards for repeated use and long life.
The Freeplay Sherpa is the most compact, dependable flashlight on the market. AC/DC adapter included.
Table of Contents
About the Sherpa LED
The Freeplay Sherpa LED Flashlight epitomizes the dependability of the Freeplay flashlight range. This compact and robust flashlight incorporates failsafe Freeplay self-charge technology together with the reliability of ultra-bright white Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs). The LEDs provide excellent brightness, efficiency and shine time with their longevity providing the peace of mind of never needing to ever replace bulbs again. Ideal for both every day and emergency use the Sherpa LED is designed to be a serious tool, the self-charge system offering maximum dependability for those times when you can’t afford to be left in the dark by dead batteries.
A quick wind of about 60 seconds gives approximately 30 minutes of light on normal beam, and you can wind more at any time for as much shine-time as you want. An LED charge level indicator tells you the optimal winding speed. Offering a choice of 2 brightness settings (economy or maximum brightness) allows you to choose the light setting according to your needs to extend shine times in self-charge or external charge modes. A switch mode power supply drives the LED cluster at a constant brightness, providing a high quality, reliable beam in either economy or maximum brightness settings.
The Sherpa LED is rechargeable and, fully charged, the flashlight provides up to 3 hours 20 minutes of ultra bright light, or 20 hours of normal light (economy setting). Internal mechanical components are specified to industrial standards for repeated use and long life.
Whether in your toolkit, the kitchen drawer, camping gear or the glove box in your car, with the Freeplay Sherpa LED, you’ve got dependable light anytime, anywhere.
Freeplay Sherpa Specifications
- Wind up
AC alternator driven by the crank via a transmission.
- Charging Adapter
6V 100mA AC/DC adapter (2.1mm centre pin positive jack).
Adapter Charge Rate: 24 hours – 100% capacity
- Rechargeable Battery
Non-removable rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack, 3.6V, 1000mAh.
3.3 V 1565 mA and 140 mA dual filament high-pressure xenon filled ultrabright bulb.
- Fully recharged battery – 5 hours (normal beam)
- Fully recharged battery – 30 minutes (high beam)
- 30-second windup – 8 minutes (normal beam)
Cigarette lighter adapter and wall mounted cradle.
The use of failsafe LED technology offers extended shine times and ultimate dependability. The self-charge system offers maximum dependability for those times when you can’t afford to be left in the dark by dead batteries.
- Green energy – a sustainable solution that’s built to last. The power mechanism is tested to 500 000 input cycles, and the LEDs are rated up to 100 000 hours or 11 years of continuous use (24 hours a day).
- The Sherpa LED offers a real alternative to grid electricity or fossil fuels, so the more you use your flashlight, the fewer batteries you’ll be throwing away.
- When your batteries run out and you need to wind for power, the Freeplay self-charge mechanism converts over 74% of your kinetic energy into stored electricity.
- Compact and rugged, it will fit into your drawer, your glove box, toolkit or backpack.
- A constant brightness means dependable beam quality that does not fade away as the batteries get flatter.
- The plastic molding and rubberized lens enclosure and body panels make it easy to carry and use when it is cold.
- A great lighting solution to teach your kids about the value of green energy – and show them how their own energy can provide them with all of their lighting needs.
- Lasts virtually forever