There might come a time that you will need to reset the Lexus radio. For instance, this is most common when it has been disconnected from the power supply. Radio setting is needed to deter theft, making sure that it can only be unlocked by the rightful owner.
Clueless about how to reset Lexus radio? Read this short guide and we’ll share some of the things that you will need to do.
To reset the radio in your Lexus, you can press the Menu button, then Radio, and Presets. Alternatively, you also need to enter the unlock code. The latter is the case if it has been disconnected from a power supply.
Table of Contents
A Step-by-Step Guide to Reset Lexus Radio
One of the most common Lexus RX 350 radio problems is that the radio won’t start. It happens when you disconnect it from the battery. This is also a safety feature, preventing other people from using the radio if it was stolen. Resetting the radio is easy. Here are the things that you should do.
The process will depend on the issue. If it often hangs or gets stuck in a certain setting, you can reset it by doing the following:
- Press the Menu button.
- Press the Radio button.
- Once you are on the home screen, choose Presets.
- Tune the radio until you find the station you like to save.
- Press and hold to save. These are the same steps to set stations on car radio.
Alternatively, you might need to unlock the Lexus XM radio if it has been disconnected from the power supply. If that’s the case, the steps are more complicated but still very easy for most people.
- Turn on the ignition of your Lexus.
- Look at the face of the radio. It should say Code. Otherwise, it could be a different problem, and hence, you might not need a Lexus radio code reset.
- Enter the security code using the radio buttons. Now, this is where it gets tricky. You will first need to find the code that you will enter. There are different ways to find the code, such as looking at the small white sticker in the glovebox. It will be identified as an anti-theft radio code. Alternatively, you can also find it online, but you will need the serial code of the radio. If all else fails, visit the nearest dealership or give them a call and they will most probably extend a helping hand.
- There can also be instances of Lexus radio buttons not working. If that happens, you might need to first take the radio off the car and do a hard reset before you can do the things earlier mentioned.
If you cannot access Lexus satellite radio channels, chances are, there is a problem. Among others, resetting is a viable solution. Take note of the things mentioned above on how to reset Lexus radio. You might not just need to reset it but also unlock the radio, especially if it has been recently disconnected from the power supply.
Hi, I am Amaro Frank – the Wind Up Radio’s content editor and writer. Working with Adam is so much fun, as his stories and experiences enrich my knowledge about radio communications and radio accessories. My main tasks in Wind Up Radio are building content and generating great articles on different topics around radio accessories.