This product has been discontinued and is no longer available
Pristine® is a new “state-of-the-art” water purification system. It is a quick and easy two step process to turn suspect water into purified drinking water in 15 minutes. Clean drinking water worldwide is now possible!
Wherever poor quality water is suspected, Pristine® makes lake, stream, river or tap water safe for drinking.
Pristine® is perfect for: HIKING, CAMPING, TRAVEL TO FOREIGN LANDS, DISASTER PREPARENESS, HOME AND COTTAGE USE, RV and BOAT HOLDING TANKS, AID TO THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES AND FOOD PREPARATION.
Traveling to a foreign country or even camping for an extended period of time is cause for concern when it comes to water purity. Experienced travelers carry post ingestion remedies for subsequent “effects” of problem water. Pristine® lets you treat the “cause”, so you don’t have to treat yourself.
Earthquakes, floods and tornadoes are just some of the natural disasters that plague North American communities every year. In every case, one of the first resources that is effected is drinking water. No matter where you live, Pristine® ensures peace of mind.
Hiking and Camping
Pristine® is the perfect choice for a backcountry adventure or family camping at the local lake. Weighing just 2.8 ounces and effective in all temperature environments against all harmful organisms, you’re just 15 minutes away from safe water.
Wells, lakes and rivers are all susceptible to contamination from both natural and man made causes. Water treated with Pristine® is safe to drink all day, every day.
Third World Aid
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, 90% of the world’s fresh water supply is contaminated. This is particularly apparent in third world areas that lack proper water treatment facilities. Pristine® is the perfect choice where access to safe drinking water does not exist.
Water Pufrication System Packs
This product has been discontinued and is no longer available
The 60ml (2oz.) Travel Pack
2 x 30ml (1oz.) Bottles.
For treating small volumes of water.
Bottles have a built in dropper and the kit comes with a mixing cap. Purifies up to 120 litres (30 gallons) of water. The travel pack only weighs 80 grams (2.8oz).
Directions for use
- Place 7 drops of Pristine® Part A and 7 drops of Pristine® Part B into a clean cup or the mixing cap.
- Let Pristine® solution react for 5 minutes. The solution will turn bright yellow and will give off a strong chlorine type odour. ( There is no free chlorine in the solution. )
- Add Pristine® solution to 1 litre of suspect water.
- Shake or stir contents, rinse all potential drinking surfaces with the mixed solution, and let stand for 15 minutes before drinking.
Note: If water is very cold, cloudy, or at all suspect ( i.e. if cryptosporidium is suspected ), ALWAYS double the dosage to 14 drops of both Part A and Part B for every litre of water and let stand for a minimum of 30 minutes. ( The longer the treated water is allowed to stand, the higher the effectiveness of Pristine®. )
For uncut fruits and vegetables, use 14 drops of both Part A and Part B per litre of water and soak for 30 minutes.
The 120ml (4oz.) Mid-Size Pack
The 120ml (4oz.) – 2 x 60ml (2oz.) Bottles
Great for Home Use, Camping,and RV and Boat Holding Tanks treats larger volumes of water.
Bottles have a built-in flip lid for fast dispensing.
Purifies up to 240 litres (60 gallons) of water.
Directions for use
- Place equal parts of Pristine® Part A and Pristine® Part B in a small clean cup to pre-mix.
- Use the following ratios per container:
- 10 litres ( 2.5 gallons ) – 1/2 tsp. Part A and 1/2 tsp. Part B.
- 20 litres ( 5 gallons ) – 1 tsp. Part A and 1 tsp. Part B.
- Let Pristine® solution react for 5 minutes. The solution will turn bright yellow and give off a strong chlorine odour (There is no free chlorine in the solution ).
- Fill container with appropriate volume of water and add activated mixture.
- Stir or shake contents, rinse all potential drinking surfaces with the mixed solution, and let stand for 15 minutes before drinking.
Note: If water is very cold, cloudy, or at all suspect ( i.e. if cryptosporidium is suspected ) , ALWAYS double the dosage and let stand for a minimum of 30 minutes. ( The longer the treated water is allowed to stand, the higher the effectiveness of Pristine®
How It Works
Pristine® is a 2 part system. The Pristine® package is made up of two solution bottles. Part A is a 2% stabilized chlorine dioxide solution and Part B is a 5% food grade phosphoric acid solution. When Part A and Part B are mixed together, the result is a 5 parts per million solution of activated chlorine dioxide ( ClO2 ). ClO2 is widely used as a disinfectant and sanitizer by municipal water treatment facilities as a preferred alternative to chlorine. ClO2 kills viruses, bacteria, Giardia, and cryptosporidium.
Pristine® creates a chlorine dioxide solution – a proven, safe and effective water treatment that has been in use for over 50 years in hundreds of European and North American municipal water treatment plants. However, traditional manufacture of chlorine dioxide requires complex stationary production facilities. Pristine® uses a brand new technology to achieve the same results in a portable and extremely simple process. To activate, simply mix equal amounts from the bottles in the kit and add to your water supply. Within 15 minutes the activated chlorine dioxide effectively kills bacteria, viruses, protozoas and oxidizes many other harmful contaminants while enhancing the taste of your water.
- contains no iodine
- leaves no aftertaste
- improves the taste of heavily chlorinated water
- improves the taste of well water and helps eliminate iron and manganese
Chlorine Dioxide as a Water Purification Product
Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) has been used to treat municipal drinking water in the United States and Europe for over 50 years. It is recognized as a superior disinfectant alternative to chlorine and has become increasingly popular. Chlorine is being phased out due to growing concerns over its carcinogenic by-products, principally trihalomethanes (THMs). Similarly, other halogens such as fluorine, bromine, and iodine, some of which have been used in water treatment situations by consumers, are recognized as having unhealthy by-products. Iodine in particular, has been recognized as affecting the thyroid gland. Unlike chlorine, chlorine dioxide does not create THMs and does not affect the thyroid gland .
In the U.S., the Safe Drinking Water Act and its subsequent amendments over the last 20 years have required dramatic improvements in the quality of municipal drinking water. These stringent new requirements have increased the use of chlorine dioxide in the U.S. while decreasing the use of chlorine. Using chlorine dioxide provides a double benefit to communities because it is a more effective water purifier than chlorine and is free of chlorine’s unhealthy by-products.
Municipal water systems use chlorine dioxide in its gaseous state which cannot be safely packaged or transported for consumer use. With Pristine®, a recent breakthrough in technology, individuals now have access to chlorine dioxide in a stabilized form with full effectiveness and no harmful by-products. Many consumers will benefit from Pristine®, including those needing to purify water for outdoor or travel use and disaster preparedness at home.
Chlorine Dioxide kills the following:
- e. coli
Chlorine Dioxide eliminates the following:
- many pollutants found in waste water
- cyanides in wastewater
- nitrites and sulfides
- potential carcinogenic substances such as 3,4-benzopyrene
- iron and manganese in water
- tastes and odors produced by algae
- the dyes produced by chlorophyll and plants
Chlorine Dioxide Advantages
- Does not produce THMs as chlorine does
- Does not give rise to the formation of chloroform and bromochloromethane as chlorine does
- Does not react with ammonia, nitrogenous compounds or precursors to form chloroform as chlorine does
- Does not affect the thyroid gland as iodine does