A personalized listening experience is what Pandora aims to deliver to its users. Hence, it has various innovative features for your highest level of satisfaction. Among others, one good example of such is Thumbprint Radio.
Clueless about how to get Thumbprint radio? It’s easy! On the mobile app or desktop site, type Thumbprint Radio on the search bar. Click on the play button when you hover on the album art icon, and it will automatically play the songs with a thumbs-up.
Table of Contents
What is Thumbprint Radio?
Pandora is the largest audio entertainment ad-supported streaming service in the United States. A subsidiary of SiriusXM, it is known for offering a distinctively personalized listening experience, and one of the features that make the latter possible is Thumbprint Radio.
In a nutshell, Pandora Thumbprint Radio is a playlist of all the songs you have previously given a thumbs-up. It is a collection of titles that you have liked on the platform. It is available on all usage tiers.
Aside from the songs that you have given a thumbs up, the playlist also includes titles that have been selected by Music Genome. The latter is a tool developed for comprehensive music analysis.
Pandora has an algorithm that automatically selects similar songs, such as based on genre or playlist. They are also automatically added to your personalized playlist.
Ways to Get Thumbprint Radio
To play Thumbprint Radio on your Pandora account, the first thing that you will need to do is to add the feature. There are two main ways by which you can do this.
The first way to add a Pandora Thumbs Up station is through the search bar. You can use the search tool and create the My Collection tab. Alternatively, you can also do it through the Browse tab.
1. Adding Thumbprint Radio Through the Desktop Site
- Go to your preferred browser and open Pandora. Sign in to your account if you have been logged out.
- Look for the Search tab, which you will find at the top of the browser. Type Thumbprint Radio.
- By now, you will see a list of search results. Scroll to Thumbprint Radio. Click on the Play icon once it shows up on the square station art.
- The station will now play and it will be added to My Collections.
- In some instances, the station may not play. You might want to thumb up more songs or add more stations. Once you do this, it can take up to 24 hours before they will be part of the playlist.
2. Adding Thumbprint Radio Through the Mobile App
- Open the Pandora app on your mobile device.
- Look for the Search bar. You will find it at the bottom of the menu bar after My Collection and before Profile.
- Type Thumbprint Radio. It should now appear on the search results.
- Click the Play icon and this will now be added to My Collection. When it does not play, then you probably have not met the criteria for its addition. An easy solution is to thumbs up more songs.
Is Thumbprint Radio on Pandora Free?
No, Pandora Thumbprint Radio is not a free feature. It is exclusive to Pandora Premium subscribers. It might be worth the upgrade since you can unlock more features, not just Thumbprint. The best thing is perhaps that it can offer ad-free listening.
Thumbprint Radio Troubleshooting
Users of Thumbprint can experience some problems. Most of the time, they are quick to fix.
One of the most common issues is Thumbprint Radio not working. It could be because you currently do not have a paid subscription. As mentioned above, you need to be a Premium subscriber.
More so, if you cannot get Thumbprint to play songs, the most common reason is that you do not have enough thumbs up. Hence, you will need to like more songs before they are added to the collection.
At this point, we hope that you learned a thing or two about how to get Thumbprint radio. This feature allows personalized listening on Pandora by prioritizing the tracks you have previously liked and related genres.
You can add Thumbprint either through the mobile app or desktop site. Type it on the search bar, click the album art, and press the play icon. It will automatically play the songs that you have given a thumbs up.
Hi, I am Amaro Frank – the Wind Up Radio’s content editor and writer. Working with Adam is so much fun, as his stories and experiences enrich my knowledge about radio communications and radio accessories. My main tasks in Wind Up Radio are building content and generating great articles on different topics around radio accessories.