The Freeplay Summit is a feature-rich portable radio, offering multi-band digital tuning, clock, alarm and memory presets.
This premium radio combines elegance with the reliability of multiple power options in self-charge, solar and external recharge ability.
Key features include coverage of 4 wave bands (FM/MW/SW/LW), digital tuning and 30 station presets.
An LCD digital display panel with backlight enables the user to see the selected radio station, clock and alarm settings – day or night, making the Summit an ideal bedside clock radio.
Placed in the kitchen windowsill the Summit will keep you informed and entertained using only the sun’s energy without the need for a wall charge, disposable batteries or even cranking.
The Summit is provided with an AC charger for wall charging when available, or to leave plugged in at your bedside, and the headphone socket lets you enjoy personal listening.
This stylish radio does not compromise on quality or robustness; with sturdy rubberized panels on the top and bottom of the radio and all components manufactured in high quality materials.
Global frequency coverage makes the Summit an ideal travel companion, whether camping locally or trekking abroad: Freeplay’s power independence means that you’ll never need to worry about packing the correct travel charger.
Powered by you or the sun, the Summit provides assured information and entertainment wherever you find yourself.
- 30 station presets let you tune to your favorite stations and store them for quick, convenient access on demand.
- An integrated clock and alarm makes the Summit a perfect bedside companion that lets you enjoy your favorite programming morning and night.
- The Summit is rechargeable from the sun using the integrated solar panel, or from the wall using the included AC adapter. The self-charge option provides a dependable backup for when you’re away from a plug point or without solar access and your batteries run down.
- Green energy – a sustainable product that’s built to last. The power mechanism is tested to 500 000 input cycles, and the internal batteries are tested up to 10 000 self-charge.
- When your batteries run out and you need to wind for power, the Freeplay self-charge mechanism converts over 74% of your kinetic energy into stored electricity.
- Self-charge while playing anytime to top up the power – never miss the end of that song, the end of the game or that last item in the news report.
- The backlit digital display and digital tuning lets you tune the radio easily and accurately, day or night.
- Multiband radio
- High performance speaker
- Internal rechargeable Ni-MH battery
- Solar panel
- AC adapter
- Freeplay self-charge system (direct charge alternator), with optimum charge level indicator
- Digital display (LCD)
- Alarm clock, snooze and sleep function
- Headphones socket for personal listening
- Non-slip rubber grip
The Freeplay Summit multi band radio combines the best of radio and self-sufficient energy technology. This top-end radio offers its user the choice of three power options: wind-up, solar and rechargeable power.
In a compact and stylish design, the Summit radio is fitted with a DC input facility and an earphone socket for personal listening. The key features of the Summit include coverage of 4 wave bands (FM/MW/SW/LW), digital tuning and 30 station presets.
Incorporating the latest in Freeplay’s self-sufficient energy technology this radio provides its user with excellent sound quality, playtime performance, dependability, and durability.
Designed with the radio aficionado in mind, the Freeplay Summit multi band radio offers reliable access to music and global information wherever and whenever you need it.
The Summit is the first compact multi-band PLL radio to incorporate Freeplay’s unique self-sufficient technology. With a solar panel, wall charging, and the ability to power it yourself when needed, you’ve got assured listening, anytime, anywhere.
Freeplay Summit Specifications
- Digital display – LCD
- Digital tuning – 30 pre-select stations
– 10 FM preset stations
– 10 MW preset station
– 5 SW preset stations
– 5 LW preset stations
- Clock and alarm
- Windup: – AC alternator driven by the crank via a transmission
- Solar: – High performance amorphous thin film solar panel
4.2 V 34mAh rated output.
- Charging Adaptor:
6V 100mA AC/DC travel adaptor
(2.1mm centre pin positive)
- Rechargeable battery:
Removable rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack, 3.6 V 1000mAh
Adaptor Charge Rate: 24 hours – 100% Capacity
Includes: Travel Adapter, Shortwave Antenna, and International Shortwave Guide
|FM 88-108 MHz|
MW 540-1650 kHz
SW 5.95-15.6 MHz
LW 146-281 kHz
Impendence 8 ohms
Output 0.5 watts (max)
MW Built in ferrite bar
LW Built in ferrite bar
|Dimensions||US – Imperial||Metric|