Products that use this charging standard also have the advantage that they can be charged from a computer’s USB port, using an inexpensive cable (USB-A to mini-B, 5-pin not 4-pin).
You may already have a mini-USB AC adapter. If you don’t, this one will power not only Freeplay products but other devices as well, such as many mobile phones and digital cameras
- Charge from the wall for extended shine times and play times of your Freeplay products.
- One charger for many products, not just those from Freeplay – less clutter, less confusion.
- Universal power supply with USA, UK and European pins supplied lets you carry one charger and use it anywhere.
- You may already own an appropriate charger, and only buying the charger if you need it means less waste and less cost – both financially and to the environment.
- Rated input voltage 100-240V AC
- Operating range 90-264V AC
- Rated input frequency 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz
- Rated input current 0.15A max.
- Maximum input power 5.44W
- Power consumption with no loading max. 0.5W
- Input current with no loading max. 15mA
- Primary current protection: an adequate internal fuse on the AC input line is provided
- 2-conductor configuration
- Nominal dc output voltage +5V (range 4.9V – 5.2V)
- Minimum load current 0.05A
- Rated load current 0.5A
Operating: 0°C to +40°C
Storage: -20°C to +80°C
Operating: 10% to 90% (non condensing)
- Includes plugs for most outlets around the world, and accepts all standard AC power (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz), so you can travel with it
- Charges any product that is chargeable through a standard mini-USB socket, including products from other manufacturers
If your Freeplay product didn’t come with an AC adapter but can be charged from the wall, this mini-USB charger (AC adapter) is the one to use. Fits wall outlets of type A (USA, Canada, Japan and elsewhere), type C (Europe and elsewhere), and type G (UK and elsewhere); for other outlets a plug adapter should be inexpensive and easy to find.
If your Freeplay product included an AC adapter, it was not mini-USB and this adapter cannot replace it;
5V, 500mA Switch mode power supply, with interchangeable pins for household electrical outlets of type A (USA and elsewhere), type C (Europe and elsewhere), and type G (UK and elsewhere). Mini USB output with polarity pin 1 positive, pin 5 negative.
- Withstand Dielectric Voltage, Primary (input AC short) to Secondary (output DC short): 3000Vac, 10 mA for 1 minute.
- Insulation resistance: 10MΩ at 500VDC
- Leakage current: 0.25mA max.
- Reinforced insulation system, Primary to Ground, Primary to Secondary.
Compliant with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive, governing the use of:
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
Height: 35 mm (1.4″)
Length: 56 mm (2.2″)
Depth: 25 mm (1″)
Cable (24AWG): 1830 mm (72″)
Weight: 63 g (0.14 lb)
|Canada||CSA||CSA C22.2 No 950|
|Europe||CE||CE mark and declaration|
|Japan||PSE||J60950(H14) / J55001(H14)|