Many newer Freeplay products use the mini-USB charging standard, allowing you to buy just one AC adapter to charge many devices. By avoiding including an AC adapter (wall charger) with every product, we keep prices down, and we lessen our impact on the environment. There are already 1.5 billion AC adapters in use in the USA – that’s 5 per person – and that’s just in the USA. This standardized approach will greatly reduce the problem.
Products that use this charging standard also have the advantage that they can be charged from a computer’s USB port, using an inexpensive cable (USB-A to mini-B, 5-pin not 4-pin).
You may already have a mini-USB AC adapter. If you don’t, this one will power not only Freeplay products but other devices as well, such as many mobile phones and digital cameras
- Charge from the wall for extended shine times and play times of your Freeplay products.
- One charger for many products, not just those from Freeplay – less clutter, less confusion.
- Universal power supply with USA, UK and European pins supplied lets you carry one charger and use it anywhere.
- You may already own an appropriate charger, and only buying the charger if you need it means less waste and less cost – both financially and to the environment.
- Rated input voltage 100-240V AC
- Operating range 90-264V AC
- Rated input frequency 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz
- Rated input current 0.15A max.
- Maximum input power 5.44W
- Power consumption with no loading max. 0.5W
- Input current with no loading max. 15mA
- Primary current protection: an adequate internal fuse on the AC input line is provided
- 2-conductor configuration
- Nominal dc output voltage +5V (range 4.9V – 5.2V)
- Minimum load current 0.05A
- Rated load current 0.5A
Operating: 0°C to +40°C
Storage: -20°C to +80°C
Operating: 10% to 90% (non condensing)
- Includes plugs for most outlets around the world, and accepts all standard AC power (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz), so you can travel with it
- Charges any product that is chargeable through a standard mini-USB socket, including products from other manufacturers
If your Freeplay product didn’t come with an AC adapter but can be charged from the wall, this mini-USB charger (AC adapter) is the one to use. Fits wall outlets of type A (USA, Canada, Japan and elsewhere), type C (Europe and elsewhere), and type G (UK and elsewhere); for other outlets a plug adapter should be inexpensive and easy to find.
If your Freeplay product included an AC adapter, it was not mini-USB and this adapter cannot replace it;
5V, 500mA Switch mode power supply, with interchangeable pins for household electrical outlets of type A (USA and elsewhere), type C (Europe and elsewhere), and type G (UK and elsewhere). Mini USB output with polarity pin 1 positive, pin 5 negative.
- Withstand Dielectric Voltage, Primary (input AC short) to Secondary (output DC short): 3000Vac, 10 mA for 1 minute.
- Insulation resistance: 10MΩ at 500VDC
- Leakage current: 0.25mA max.
- Reinforced insulation system, Primary to Ground, Primary to Secondary.
Compliant with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive, governing the use of:
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
Height: 35 mm (1.4″)
Length: 56 mm (2.2″)
Depth: 25 mm (1″)
Cable (24AWG): 1830 mm (72″)
Weight: 63 g (0.14 lb)
|Canada||CSA||CSA C22.2 No 950|
|Europe||CE||CE mark and declaration|
|Japan||PSE||J60950(H14) / J55001(H14)|