Many newer Freeplay products use the mini-USB
charging standard, allowing you to buy just one AC adapter to charge
many devices. By avoiding including an AC adapter (wall charger)
with every product, we keep prices down, and we lessen our impact on
the environment. There are already 1.5 billion AC adapters in use
in the USA – that’s 5 per person – and that’s just in the USA. This
standardized approach will greatly reduce the problem.
Products that use this charging standard also have the advantage
that they can be charged from a computer's USB port, using an
inexpensive cable (USB-A to mini-B, 5-pin not 4-pin).
You may already have a mini-USB AC adapter. If you don’t, this one
will power not only Freeplay products but other devices as well,
such as many mobile phones and digital cameras.
- Charge from the wall for extended shine times
and play times of your Freeplay products.
- One charger for many products, not just those
from Freeplay – less clutter, less confusion.
- Universal power supply with USA, UK and
European pins supplied lets you carry one charger and use it
- You may already own an appropriate charger,
and only buying the charger if you need it means less waste and
less cost – both financially and to the environment.
- Includes plugs for most outlets around the
world, and accepts all standard AC power (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz),
so you can travel with it
- Charges any product that is chargeable
through a standard mini-USB socket, including products from
If your Freeplay product didn't come with an AC
adapter but can be charged from the wall, this mini-USB charger (AC
adapter) is the one to use. Fits wall outlets of type A (USA,
Canada, Japan and elsewhere), type C (Europe and elsewhere), and
type G (UK and elsewhere); for other outlets a plug adapter should
be inexpensive and easy to find.
Freeplay product included an AC adapter, it was not mini-USB and
this adapter cannot replace it;
- Rated input voltage 100-240V
- Operating range 90-264V AC
- Rated input frequency 50/60Hz
- Rated input current 0.15A
- Maximum input power 5.44W
- Power consumption with no
loading max. 0.5W
- Input current with no loading
- Primary current protection:
an adequate internal fuse on the AC input line
- 2-conductor configuration
- Nominal dc output voltage +5V
(range 4.9V – 5.2V)
- Minimum load current 0.05A
- Rated load current 0.5A
- Operating: 0°C to +40°C
- Storage: -20°C to +80°C
- Operating: 10% to 90% (non
5V, 500mA Switch mode power supply,
with interchangeable pins for household electrical
outlets of type A (USA and elsewhere), type C
(Europe and elsewhere), and type G (UK and
elsewhere). Mini USB output with polarity pin 1
positive, pin 5 negative.
- Withstand Dielectric Voltage,
Primary (input AC short) to Secondary (output DC
short): 3000Vac, 10 mA for 1 minute.
- Insulation resistance: 10MΩ
- Leakage current: 0.25mA max.
- Reinforced insulation system,
Primary to Ground, Primary to Secondary.
Compliant with the Restriction of
Hazardous Substances directive, governing the use
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl
||CSA C22.2 No
||CE mark and
Height: 35 mm (1.4")
Length: 56 mm (2.2")
Depth: 25 mm (1")
Cable (24AWG): 1830 mm (72")
Weight: 63 g (0.14 lb)
Freeplay Part Number