Personal emergency kit
You should have the items
in this list in addition to the supplies for your home
emergency kit. Each person in your household should have
the items in a tote bag or back-pack, stored in a secure
place with the other emergency supplies. They should be
ready to go if you have to evacuate on short
- Food such as dried fruit,
high-energy food bars, candies etc.
- First aid kit and booklet;
- Survival manual
- Windup flashlight
- Money, including coins/phone card.
- Photographs of family and loved
- Gloves and other warm
- Address book with important family
phone numbers, particularly those in another
- Remember to add necessities for
babies, small children, elderly and people with
disabilities in your household.
- When you evacuate, supplement the
items in individual evacuation packs with other
items from your store of emergency supplies
including: bottled water (ideally, 4 litres
per person per day) and cooking/eating utensils.
- Be sure to take prescribed
medications such as heart and high blood pressure
medication, insulin set, with you when you
Copyright: A. Makarow © 1998 - Revised
September 17, 2008