About the EyeMax
The EyeMax radio delivers a fascinating new sensory dimension to radio listening. The crystal clear casing highlights the complex inner workings of the radio and engages the user in the science of converting human energy into pure listening pleasure. The EyeMax promises assured listening while boasting an integrated LED flashlight. Offering solar, self-charge, and external recharge power options, the EyeMax delivers complete independence from wall power or disposable batteries, ensuring sustainable access to entertainment, information and illumination. Freeplay’s patented self-charge technology means unparalleled playtime performance, and the compelling design makes the EyeMax a feature of your home or office. At normal volume, the EyeMax will play for approximately an hour per 1-minute wind, and can be wound more at any time for as much play time as you want. An LED charge level indicator tells you the best speed to wind. In direct sunlight the EyeMax will charge itself and play continuously – the internal Ni-MH battery can be fully charged from either the solar panel or the external charging adapter.
When fully charged the EyeMax will give 25 hours of playtime (at normal volume), and an earphone socket allows personal listening as desired. Although stylish and fun, the EyeMax does not compromise on robustness and quality, with mechanical components made from superior materials, specified to industrial standards for repeated use and long life. The Freeplay EyeMax invites participation in the eco-charge revolution – providing clean dependable access to entertainment, information and illumination anytime, anywhere.
- Green energy – a sustainable product that’s built to last. The power mechanism is tested to 500 000 input cycles, and the internal battery is tested up to 10 000 self-charge cycles – or over 5000 listening hours.
- The EyeMax offers a real alternative to grid electricity or fossil fuels, so you can feel cleaner about your nature experience. Never worry about buying, carrying or disposing of batteries again.
- When the battery runs down and you need to wind for power, the Freeplay self-charge mechanism converts over 74% of your kinetic energy into stored electricity.
- Wind while playing anytime to top up the power – never miss the end of that song, the end of the game or that last item in the news report.
- The integrated LED is a handy companion in blackouts, or even when checking your alarm clock at your bedside in the morning.
- A great conversation piece to teach your kids or grandkids about the value of green energy. The crystal clear casing clearly demonstrates how their own energy can provide them with entertainment, information and light.
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery built in
- Solar panel
- Built-in crank means never running out of power
- High-performance speaker
- Headphone socket for personal listening
- Ultra bright white LED flashlight built in